Cleanliness is always at the top of our priority list so, we decided to update the cleaning standards to make sure our guests can enjoy their holidays in a perfectly clean and disinfected house.
Before beginning to clean the property, the cleaners have to take the follows precautions:
- Wash their hands immediately on arrival, following correct procedure for hand-washing.
- Disinfecting their mobile phone (this is important because cleaners often use their phones during a clean).
- Wearing their personal protective equipment (PPE), composed of a new pair of sanitary gloves and an appropriate single-use filter facial mask.
How Clean and What.
We use products specially formulated for cleaning and for disinfection. The disinfection products are certified as virucidal with either Hydrogen peroxide (1.7%) or ethyl alcohol (75%) this depends on the type of surface to be cleaned. As cleaning tools, we use quality and professional tools, including microfiber rags, large and small brushes, and floor mops with replaceable cleaning pads.
The methodology we decided to use for cleaning is divided into two processes:
- Cleaning process.
- Disinfection process.
The Cleaning Process.
As first step all the apartment will be cleaned in standard way to removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects, by using suitable detergent. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
The Disinfection Process.
After the cleaning process all the apartment will be disinfected with certified virucidal products. These product is used on:
- Bathroom surface (Showers, bathtubs, sinks, toilets, faucets and so on).
- Mattresses and cloth furniture like sofas and armchairs. In this sprayed with a nebulizer.
- Floors. They are mopped and at the end of the cleaning (also the mop is disinfected).
- All décor, small appliances, hair dryers and dishes are washed (where possible) and/or disinfected.
We also disinfect high-touch points, which includes:
- Bathroom taps, toilet flush handles, toilet seats.
- All kinds of knobs, pulls, and handles.
- Light switches and outlets.
- Cabinets surfaces.
- Window sills and hanger.
- Electronics Controls (washer, dishwasher, stove, toaster, hair dryer and remote controls).
- Indoor trash bins.
- Cleaning equipment.
- Guest information and brochures.
- Blankets, sheets and towels are freshly laundered between every guest stay using a professional laundry. Also, the linens that appear unused are getting re-laundered.
- Small throw rugs are washed in hot water between every guest stay.
- To maintain the environment as hygienic as possible, we decided to temporarily removed the bed comforters and the sofa additional cushions.
- An antibacterial hand gel dispenser is always present in the apartment.